The Denver Young Artists Orchestra was formed in 1977. Their mission is to provide the finest possible youth orchestra programs, inspiring and educating young musicians through the performance of great works of music, and offering valuable cultural opportunities to the community. For over 40 years, DYAO has nurtured the talents of the Rocky Mountain region’s finest young musicians. In the past season, DYAO has received the Mayor’s Award for Excellence in the Arts as well as The American Prize for performance of American music.
– Antonín Dvořák: Serenade for Strings, Op. 22
– Dmitri Shostakovich: Symphony No. 1
– Jacques Ibert: Divertissement
– Antonín Dvořák: Carnival Overture
– George Gershwin: Porgy & Bess