The Löw-Beer Villa represents a cornerstone of the villa community that started to develop on the slopes of the Černá Pole neighbourhood in the 1860s. In 1903, factory owner Moritz Fuhrmann had a house built based on a design by the Viennese architect Alexander Neumann. After Fuhrmann’s death, the villa was bought by textile tycoon Alfred Löw-Beer in 1913. In 1929, he gave a part of the plot to his daughter Greta to build a family house on; this house would become the Tugendhat Villa.
Currently, the villa houses a permanent exhibition entitled Jews in Moravia. The villa and its inhabitants, which presents Jewish history in the region from the earliest mentions to the present. The exposition is complemented by many regular short-term exhibitions in the villa, in its garden and in the Celnice Gallery.