The (New) Gewandhaus is a concert building inaugurated in 1981 on Augustusplatz in the city center of Leipzig. Previously, there were two buildings also called Gewandhaus at other locations, which had served as home for the Gewandhaus Orchestra since 1781. In addition, the Gewandhaus zu Leipzig is one of the city's own cultural businesses, which includes the concert hall and orchestra as well as the Gewandhaus organist, the Gewandhaus choir and the Gewandhaus children's choir. There are also various chamber music ensembles such as the Gewandhaus Quartet, the Gewandhaus Wind Quintet and the Gewandhaus Brass Quintet. Since 1998 the Gewandhaus has been under the directorship of Andreas Schulz.