The Municipal House is one of the Prague’s most famous buildings that have Art Nouveau interiors. It is located on the Republic Square just next to the Powder Gate. It was built between 1905-1912 and decorated by the most significant Czech painters as Mikulas Ales, Max Švabinský, Francis Ženíšek, Hhenstein or Alfons Mucha. In its bowels are several restaurants and halls. The greatest Smetana Hall serves as a concert hall with a capacity for 1200 listeners of mainly classical music.