The Silver Train is a tour of post-mining monuments inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, the oldest continuously operating narrow-gauge railway in the world and a walk through the largest narrow-gauge station in Poland. Silesian Railways provide transport to Bytom and a return to Katowice for Silver Train passengers.
It is also possible to start the trip in Bytom, without the Katowice-Bytom section.
- 09:50 DEP. Katowice
- 10:15 AR. Bytom
- 10:30 DEP. Bytom Wąskotorowy
- 10:40 AR. Bytom Karb Wąskotorowy
- 10:50 – 11:20 A walk through the station Bytom Karb Wąskotorowy
- 11:30 DEP. Bytom Karb Wąskotorowy
- 12:00 AR. Tarnowskie Góry Silver Mine
- 12:50 – 15:20 Walking through the open-air museum of steam machines
- 13:10 DEP. Tarnowskie Góry Silver Mine
- 13:50 AR. Narrow-gauge entity
- 14:13DEP. Bytom
- 14:36 AR. Katowice
The silver train runs in a different schedule before November 8th.
The formula of the Silver Train has changed due to the epidemiological situation. Upon arrival at the station Bytom Karb Wąsk. there will be a walk through the area, without a guided tour. The historic Silver Mine is currently inaccessible to visitors, the offer includes a walk through the surrounding Open-Air Museum of Steam Machines with an audiobook. The organizers would like to remind you to cover your mouth and nose and to keep a social distance.