- Opening concert of the 3rd International Music Festival of East Central Europe Eufonie.*
This year’s edition, whose leitmotif will be the most beautiful romantic sounds of the region, will begin with Veriko Tchumburidze, winner of the 15th H. Wieniawski International Violin Competition in 2016, who will perform with the Sinfonia Varsovia Orchestra. The orchestra will be conducted by Tomáš Netopil, a renowned Czech conductor. The opening evening is dedicated to great musical artists from Central and Eastern Europe. The concert will feature works by outstanding composers representing three generations: Josef Suka, Giji Kancheli, Antonín Dvořák and Arvo Pärt.
- Josef Suk: Meditation on an Old Czech Hymn “St. Wenceslas” for strings/string quartet Op. 35a for string orchestra
- Arvo Pärt: Fratres version for violin, strings and drums
- Gija Kanczeli: V&V. Violin and Voice for violin, strings and tape
- Antonín Dvořák: Czech Suite Op. 39 for orchestra