Olomouc Museum of Art

Olomouc Museum of Art (formerly the Gallery of Fine Art) was established on 5 April 1951 as a part of the Regional Museum in Olomouc. After the year 1989 it became an independent institution with its activities (exhibitions, performances, education) now being carried out in three different locations. The Museum is operated by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic. The museum has more than 90 750 collection items (paintings, sculptures, drawings, graphic art, photographs, applied art and architectural designs) which makes it the third biggest institution of its kind in the Czech Republic.

The Museum of Modern Art, the Archdiocesan Museum in Olomouc, the Romanesque Bishop's Palace, which forms one unit with the Archdiocesan Museum, and the Archdiocesan Museum in Kromeriz, belong to the Museum of Art.

Address
Denisova 824, Olomouc

Current gallery exhibitions

Venue description

Olomouc Museum of Art (formerly the Gallery of Fine Art) was established on 5 April 1951 as a part of the Regional Museum in Olomouc. After the year 1989 it became an independent institution with its activities (exhibitions, performances, education) now being carried out in three different locations. The Museum is operated by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic. The museum has more than 90 750 collection items (paintings, sculptures, drawings, graphic art, photographs, applied art and architectural designs) which makes it the third biggest institution of its kind in the Czech Republic.

The Museum of Modern Art, the Archdiocesan Museum in Olomouc, the Romanesque Bishop's Palace, which forms one unit with the Archdiocesan Museum, and the Archdiocesan Museum in Kromeriz, belong to the Museum of Art.

Associated venues

Gallery

Similar venues

© 2023 GoOut, s.r.o., Czechia