The Municipal Theatre Pardubice serves as one of the main stages of the Eastern Bohemian Theatre Pardubice. The theatre was opened on 11 of December 1909. It was built according to the design of the academic architect Antonín Balšánek. The curtain and friezes on the façade of the theatre were painted by academic painter František Urban. The curtain was later on, on 31 of March 1931, destroyed in a fire. The author of the sculpture of the Genius at the front of the building is the academic sculpturer Bohumil Kafka, the creator of the biggest equestrian statue in the world – Žižka’s monument on Vítkov.
The interiors of the theatre underwent great reconstruction in 2002, the whole exterior was repaired one year later – the reconstruction was lead by an architect Miroslav Řepa. In 2003 , the theatre received new curtain (a replica of the original Urban’s curtain from the studio of the academic painter Václav Špale) and in the year 2006 new chandelier was added based on the unimplemented Balšánek!s design.