Jewish residents of Bubeneč villa district - Part II (english friendly)
Currently the last walk through the Bubeneč residential area will present ten houses connected with the lives of former Jewish inhabitants. Participants will see houses designed by elite Czech architects: Jan Kotěra, his pupil Jan Krejcar and the Jewish duo Ernst Mühlstein & Viktor Fürth. The guide will tell a lot of true gossips about people who have influenced Czech history. Participants will follow the footsteps of the 1st Czechoslovakian president Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk, walk around the houses that served the family of the 1st Communist Czechoslovakian president Klement Gottwald, and they will also hear details about the biggest Central-European financial scandal in the interwar period.
The tour will be guided by Michal Šedivý. The organizer is the non-profit organization Open House Praha, z. ú. The profit from this event goes to support its activities.
- The meeting point will be at the crossing of two streets – Maďarská and Charlese de Gaulla – at the entrance to Lázar Cardénas park.
- The telephone contact for the guide will be indicated on the ticket in case of emergency.
- The expected duration of the event is approx. 90 minutes.
- The capacity of the group is limited, tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- The guide will not wear a protective face mask/respirator during the commented tour (as government regulations allow).
- The organizer kindly asks all participants of this event to be attentive to other visitors and to follow current valid government regulations against the spread of Covid-19 during the tour.
- In case of low interest, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the tour no later than 48 hours before the event. Buyers will be contacted and information will be published on the organizer’s website.
The tour is held in English. The Czech interpretation can be found here.