The percussionists in the FOK Orchestra are well coordinated. Yet, as in all symphonic orchestras, they operate from the back rows and are slightly hidden on the stage. Led by Lubor Krása and David Řehoř, the orchestra has decided to change this position and present our percussionists in a special evening at the Convent of St. Agnes. The top part will be played by marimba; other quaint percussion and drums will also be heard.
– Steve Reich: Music for Pieces of Wood
– Minoru Miki: Marimba spiritual
– Bohuslav Martinů: Variations on a Slovak Folk Song for violoncello and piano
– Jaroslav Pelikán: Sonata for English horn, flute, double bass and marimba
– David Řehoř: Two capriccios for marimba
End of the concert: 20:50