Located in the very centre of the Poznań International Fair, it has been a historical landmark of the fair for many years. Popularly known as the "Spire", it was designed on the model of the Upper Silesian Tower, which was a symbol of the East German Exhibition in 1911. Originally, the tower housed the largest artificial water reservoir, and later a café with a view of the city was located there. Today the steel structure of the tower is supported by an openwork spire. Banquets, meetings and festivals are held in the pavilion.