Open House Praha is delighted to present the interested party with the unique sightseeing of one of the world’s biggest stadiums ever built. The commented tour will take participants to the presidential lounge, west grandstand, or amazing walkaways. They will find out about the long history of this concrete giant which was built for displays of synchronized gymnastics called Spartakiada but also hosted concerts or military parades. Since 2003 the stadium has been listed as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. At the end of the tour, participants will have an opportunity to climb up 130 stairs into the original Gate of Champions, where they can enjoy amazing views of the whole stadium.
The tour guide will be Petra Kotěšovcová. The organizer is the non-profit organization Open House Praha, z. ú. The profit from this event goes to support its activities.
Although Open House Praha is an apolitical cultural organization, the situation in Ukraine weighs on them and they would like to help. They have therefore decided to donate the proceeds from this event to the SOS Ukraine public fundraiser run by People in Need.
- The meeting place is in front of the entrance of the Great Strahov Stadium, which is located at the connecting bridge with the Evžen Rošický Stadium. The address is Zátopkova 2. Entry by car to the parking lot in front of the entrance (and under the bridge) is possible, parking is free. The telephone contact for the guide will be indicated on the ticket in case of emergency
- The expected duration of the event is approx. 90 minutes.
- In selected areas, it is necessary to follow all safety precautions with regards to the condition of the building and follow the instructions of the guide. Entrance to the stadium is at participants' own risk. The organizers recommend appropriate, preferably sport or hiking boots, due to the irregular surface (heels or high platforms are not allowed).
- Entry with animals is not allowed.
- The capacity of the group is limited, tickets can only be purchased in advance.
- The organizer kindly asks all participants of this event to be attentive to other visitors and to follow current valid government regulations against the spread of Covid-19 during the tour.
- In case of low interest, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the tour no later than 48 hours before the event. Buyers will be contacted and information will be published on the organizer’s website.
The guided tour will take place in English. For Czech tours, click here, for Russian tours click here.