In 2011, the expansion and modernization of the “Od Nowa” club started. Construction was completed in October 2012. The new building of the club includes a cinema and show hall for over 300 seats, changing rooms, cash desks and a spacious foyer, where galleries of the Western Railway Station were established. In spring 2013, the outdoor stage began to operate. The club has also been enriched with new equipment, including a digital projector enabling the display of 3D movies. Currently, the club’s area is 2 thousand square meters.
Not only the club building but also its structure changed. On October 1, 2012 the Student Creative Work Club “Od Nowa” was transformed into the Academic Centre of Culture and Art “Od Nowa”.
Maurycy Meczekalski, who for many years managed the “Od Nowa” club, became the director of the Academic Centre of Culture and Art. Od Nowa" Club was established in 1958.