The building of House of Culture Michálkovice was built in 1897 as one of Michálkovice pubs near the Michal mine. Later it became a social facility of this mine. Today, the cultural house belongs to the district of Michálkovice. It is a cultural stall with the longest tradition in the territory of Ostrava. There is an Art Nouveau hall with a vestibule and two clubrooms. It is used for concerts, theatrical performances, balls, festivals, exhibitions, dance, meetings, presentations and family and private events and celebrations.