Church of the Saviour, which is located near the Old Town Square, is the most important Protestant church in Prague. It was built in politically very tense times before the Battle of White Mountain in 1612. The collection for the construction of the church took place throughout Europe and was a kind of demonstration of solidarity of anti-Habsburg camp. After losing the war, the church was confiscated. Into the hands of Protestants was returned in 1863.