Classicist chateau surrounded by a landscaped park with an area of 21.5 hectares, which is one of the most valuable objects of historical greenery in Moravia, is linked with the aristocratic Silva-Tarouca. Art-loving friend of the count’s family was a famous Czech painter Josef Manes, who Čechy pod Kosířem regularly visited and worked here from 1849 to 1870.
The chateau houses the exposition focusing on the work of the father and son team, Zdeněk a Jan Svěrák, the exposition of drawings of Josef Mánes and the exposition of a collection of historical bicycles from the 19th to the beginning of the 20th century. The Chateau was opened to the public in April 2, 2016. On the program of the venue is possible to find concerts, workshops or themed events.