Bishop's courtyard

The Bishop’s Courtyard is the oldest part of the museum consisting of several historical buildings below the St. Peter-and-Paul Cathedral. Its architectural core is the originally Gothic provost‘s residence of Brno Chapter, of which only the Gothic tower and a chapel with frescos remain. The Renaissance arcades were built by the Italian architect Antonio Gabri. The Moravian Museum is located there since 1818.

Followed by 125

Address
Muzejní 1, Brno
Parent venue

Upcoming events

Eliška/Rejčka
Eliška/Rejčka
Fauna Moravy
Aquarium with Fresh Water Fishes

Venue description

The Bishop’s Courtyard is the oldest part of the museum consisting of several historical buildings below the St. Peter-and-Paul Cathedral. Its architectural core is the originally Gothic provost‘s residence of Brno Chapter, of which only the Gothic tower and a chapel with frescos remain. The Renaissance arcades were built by the Italian architect Antonio Gabri. The Moravian Museum is located there since 1818.

Similar venues

© 2022 GoOut, s.r.o., Czechia