Beschreibung des Ortes
The Botanical Garden of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University,
is located near Brno’s center at the intersection of the streets Kotlářská and Veveří, adjacent to the Faculty of Science’s Kotlářská Campus. The garden was founded in 1922 by Josef Podpěra, the first Professor of Botany at the newly established Masaryk University (founded in 1919). The outdoor plant collections include the Plant System with about 1500 species from 85 families of vascular plants situated on an area of 0.3 ha in front of the greenhouses.