National Museum in Gdańsk

The headquarters of the National Museum in Gdansk is located in a former Franciscan monastery, built in the late Gothic style in the first half of the 15th century. Established in 1948, until 1972 it functioned as the Pomeranian Museum, rebuilding Gdansk's museology after the war and collecting the lost collections of pre-war Gdansk museums.

Currently, the Museum has seven departments—its main building houses the most important of these, the Department of Ancient Art. Collections of goldsmithing, pewter, ceramics, furniture, sculpture, graphics, drawings and old paintings are stored and displayed here; among them is the most valuable work in the museum's collection, the triptych The Last Judgement, attributed to Flemish painter Hans Memling and painted between 1467 and 1471.

Aktuelle Museums-Ausstellungen

Beschreibung des Ortes

The headquarters of the National Museum in Gdansk is located in a former Franciscan monastery, built in the late Gothic style in the first half of the 15th century. Established in 1948, until 1972 it functioned as the Pomeranian Museum, rebuilding Gdansk's museology after the war and collecting the lost collections of pre-war Gdansk museums.

Currently, the Museum has seven departments—its main building houses the most important of these, the Department of Ancient Art. Collections of goldsmithing, pewter, ceramics, furniture, sculpture, graphics, drawings and old paintings are stored and displayed here; among them is the most valuable work in the museum's collection, the triptych The Last Judgement, attributed to Flemish painter Hans Memling and painted between 1467 and 1471.

Verbunden mit

Galerie

Ähnliche Orte

© 2024 GoOut, s.r.o., Tschechien