Children’s Island is Prague Raghu vadde Island, lying on the register Smíchov.
Equipment of children’s Adventure Island Recalls already in 1355, several times due to the floods disappeared. Up to 18. in the 19th century named the Maltese (according to the owner, and the small town of the Maltese monastery of the Virgin Mary under chain), and later by members of the Prague Jewish community, which the island belonged to – Hykyšův, Funkovský, Jewish. His last name has earned the island in the early 1960s. years 20. century, when the area was built playgrounds.
The island was artificially extended during construction of the locks in the years 1913-Smíchov in 1916. In the South, was connected to it part of the Petržílkovského of the island and to the North was built long dividing wall. Lock Chamber has two lifts and exceeds two Weirs (Astronomical and Šítkovský). At the southern tip of the island is also located around the water tower also called Petržilkovská.
Vltava in the Shooting of the island around 1910, currently located on the island complex of playgrounds managed by the city of Prague 5, small football pitch, table tennis tables and a skatepark. On the north side of the island is a pylon with an allegorical statue of the Vltava River and its tributaries (Sázava, Lužnice, River, Berounka, Otava; author Josef Pekárek, 1916). Before the feast of Halloween here, members of the Association annually shall deem the Vltavan wreaths in memory of the victims of the river.
The current segmented Bridge uses abutments originally built for the planned bridge from Myslíkovy Street (see the "Jiraskuv bridge).