Beschreibung des Ortes
The new seat of the Czech Museum of Music is located in the former Baroque church of St. Mary Magdalene at Lesser Side, built in the 17th Century according to the proposal of Francesco Caratti. The church was gradually rebuilt after the dissolution of the Dominican Monastery in 1783.
The Czech Museum of Music collects music-related materials in the collections of the National Museum. In its collections, it holds over 700,000 documents of musical history – an extensive music archive, a phonoteque, a collection of musical instruments, or the estate or collection of the Bedřich Smetana Museum and the Antonín Dvořák Museum.